Our breakfast and lunch menu is served daily Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Our menu extends an opportunity to showcase our handcrafted artisanal sourdough breads and pastries. MSCo. Executive Chef Molly Maciejewski enjoys utilizing local, sustainable, and seasonal ingredients. We enjoy fostering the slow food process; MSCo. cures and smokes their ham and salmon and other meats based upon the seasonal menu ingredients.
Local sourcing highlights include Sugar River Dairy, Sassy Cow Creamery, Yuppie Hill and New Century Farms, Fountain Prairie, Carr Valley, Black Earth Meats, and other ingredients sourced from local cooperatives. Expect menu changes quarterly to adjust to seasonal fare and ingredients.
Wednesday at MSco
Today we have a beautiful Walnut Sourdough Hearth loaf available, Lonesome Stone Organic Miche, and a variety of White/Wheat/Country Hearth and Sandwich loaves. Our Quiche is Tomato, Basil, Gouda; Strata is Sauteed Leek, Beef and Gouda; Tomato Bisque for hot soup and Roasted Garlic & Basil for our Gazpacho…
Have you tried our Falafel on our sourdough flat bread w/Tzatziki sauce, feta, cucumber. onion, tomato, mint and greens? Or…our Couscous Salad w/Cranberries, pecans, greens and curry vinaigrette? Or… our Deli Ham and Fig w/Arugula, mustard vinaigrette, and Sartori Montamore Cheese on Rustic Baguette? Just so you have an idea of what’s possible for lunch today!
New Patio, New Menu, New Afternoon Snack Menu – same friendly faces!
We have just worked through our first weekend with our fabulous new patio and are really thrilled with the experience overall… for anyone who was here and was able to take in the new surroundings (and heat) – what did you think?
We just wanted to share with you that in addition to the new patio, we have a delicious new Summer 2012 menu reflecting seasonal produce and showcasing local farmers developed by Chef Molly Maciejewski – and wow, did she hit the mark (again) this time! From the breakfast to lunch to salads… she has even gone as far as developing a new SNACK MENU that is available to compliment our beer and wine selections for your afternoon enjoyment.
So – if you haven’t yet, come on in… absorb the summer with either a generous Charcuterie Plate, Cheese Board, Truffled Popcorn… beer and/or wine, on our new, green, patio. We would love to see you!
New Summer 2012 Menu!!!!
There are just so many exciting things happening at MSco right now – from our afternoon offerings including beer and wine, to our new beautiful patio, to the brilliant new summer menu crafted by Chef Molly Maciejewski. Check it out – there is so much flavor potential to take in http://madisonsourdough.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/menu20120710.pdf
Spring Menu: It’s been a week… what do you think?
Our staff picks are too many to list – but Eggs Diablo and Croque Madame are high ranking on the breakfast menu! For our lunch items the Toasted Miche, Egg Salad (described as Sunshine on a Sunday Morning), Mediterranean Salad, Caesar Salad, Grilled Cheese with Apple, and the Grilled Chicken with Cheddar. Come in, work your way through our new menu – and let us know what you think!
Today’s breads are Seed and Grain, Caraway Rye, Cracked Rye and Lonesome Stone Organic Miche. Our quiche is vegetable & feta (mushroom/leek/spinach/sundreid tomato) and our soups today are: Vegan Chili and Creamy Ham & White Bean.
A few announcements- there are 3 spaces left for the bread shaping class tomorrow – call us if you are interested! And, if you haven’t yet, go ahead and book your tickets for any or all of the collaborative dinners between MSco and Underground Food Collective. The earliest opportunity to feast is Sunday!
w/ egg, aïoli*, and cheddar on toasted croissant; served w/ green salad
*Consuming raw or under-cooked foods may increase your risk for food-borne illness. Aïoli contains raw egg.
Steel Cut Oatmeal
w/ pecans and maple
w/ red onion, ham, and spinach, topped w/ two fried egg
w/ Sugar River Dairy yogurt
Bread and Jam Plate
Daily breads w/ house-made preserves and butter
JUST COFFEE Drip coffee 1.80/2.20
JUST COFFEE Espresso 2.15/2.75
Cafe Au Lait 2.40/2.85
Macha Tea (hot/ice) 2.25
NessAlla Kombucha 3.75/4.75
MSCo. Chai Tea Latte 3.40/4.05
Hot Chocolate 3.00/3.55
Just Pik’t Juice 2.10/3.10
Cold Pressed Coffee 2.65/3.15
** Depth Charge .65
** Flavor Charge .75
Sides and Kid’s Menu
Substitute fruit for side salad $1.50
Substitute soup for side salad with any full sized sandwich $2.00
Side salad $2.00
Bacon or ham $3.00 Salmon $3.50
Bowl of soup upgrade on combo $2.50
Preserves, maple syrup, or Nutella $.75
Grilled Cheese $4.95
Two eggs scrambled $4.95
French toast $4.95
Toast w/ Nutella $4.95
All served with fresh fruit.
1) Bread and jam plate – daily breads w/ house-made preserves and butter $5.00
2) House granola w/ Sugar River Dairy yogurt $5.00
3) Potato hash w/ red onion, ham, and spinach, topped w/ two fried eggs $8.25
4) Baker’s breakfast – baguette, house smoked ham, two fried eggs, and w/ a green salad $7.95
5) Steel cut oatmeal w/ pecans and maple $5.50
6) Breakfast sandwich w/egg, aïoli*, cheddar on toasted croissant; served w/ green salad $6.50 Add house-smoked ham or bacon $2.50
7) Sourdough French toast w/ bourbon spice creme anglaise $7.95
8) Omelets – served w/ green salad and sliced baguette
• House ricotta, spinach, & ham $8.25
• Sun dried tomato pesto & fresh mozzarella $8.25
• Smoked salmon, onion, & dill cream cheese $8.25
• Roasted red pepper, artichoke, spinach, olive & Fontina cheese $8.25
Quiche – Changes daily using fresh, seasonal ingredients; served w/ aïoli* and green salad $6.50
9) Grilled butternut squash w/ caramelized onions, spinach, & Chevre cheese $7.95
10) Roast turkey w/ cranberry chutney, Brie cheese, and spinach $8.50
11) Braised short ribs w/ caramelized onion béchamel and spinach, open faced on toasted miche $8.95
12) Grilled cheese w/ sun-dried tomato pesto, fresh mozzarella & spinach $7.50
13) Maple glazed pork loin w/ spicy apple-pear chutney, spinach, and Chevre $8.95
14) House veggie burger, w/ sun-dried tomato pesto, spinach, aïoli* & fontina cheese on a toasted bun $7.95
15) Roast beef w/ caramelized onions, horseradish aïoli*, Fontina cheese, and spinach $8.95
16) Tuna salad w/ red onion and capers on white sourdough w/ cheddar, aïoli*, and greens $8.50
17) Salami w/ roasted red pepper, artichoke, spinach, fresh mozzarella & vinaigrette on white sourdough $8.50
18) BLT, w/ sun-dried tomato pesto, spinach, and aïoli* on white sourdough $8.50
19) House smoked salmon w/ dill cream cheese, red onion, & cucumber, open-faced on cracked rye $8.50
soup & combo
Soup by the cup $3.50 Soup by the bowl $5.95
Combo any half sandwich (except the braised short ribs) w/ cup of soup $9.25
Toasted Barley salad w/ spinach, romaine, hard boiled egg, dried cranberries, croutons, Chèvre cheese and mustard shallot vinaigrette $8.00
Nicoise salad w/ spinach, romaine, albacore tuna, olives, hard-boiled egg, pickled green beans, sun dried tomatoes, and mustard shallot vinaigrette $8.50
Mediterranean w/ spinach, romaine, roasted red pepper, artichoke, olives, Chevre cheese, hard-boiled egg, and mustard shallot vinaigrette $7.75